After a winter break, Facing Hunger Foodbank is restarting its mobile food distribution in February.
After a year of utilizing the mobile distribution sites even more than normal, Facing Hunger’s executive director Cyndi Kirkhart said she hopes the sites will continue to help get food on tables in West Virginia, Ohio and Kentucky.
The distribution sites scheduled so far:
- Feb. 4 — Central Christian Church, 1541 South 7th Street, Ironton
- Feb. 11 — Hungry Lambs, 622 Stratton Street, Logan
- Feb. 18 — 27 High Street, Buffalo, West Virginia
- Feb. 26 — Helping Hands Trinitiy Freewill Baptist Church, 877 Riverfront Road, Lovely, Kentucky
- March 4 — Crosslight of Hope Church, 33483 Huntington Road, Ashton, West Virginia
- March 11 — Central Christian Church, 1541 South 7th Street, Ironton
- March 18 — Teays Valley Baptist Church, 3926 Teays Valley Road, Hurricane, West Virginia
- March 25 — House of Hope, 1891 U.S. Rt. 65, Delbarton, West Virginia
- April 1 — Harts Community Center, 121 Harts Creek Road, Harts, West Virginia
- April 8 — Cabwaylingo, 1385 Left Fork Dunlow Bypass, Dunlow, West Virginia
- April 15 — Goodwill of the KYOWVA Area, 105 Virginia Avenue, Huntington
- April 22 — Bend Area, 516 Adams Street, Mason, West Virginia
- April 29 — Greenup County Fairgrounds, 1538 E Main Street, Greenup, Kentucky
The sites will run from 11 a.m. to 1 p.m., or until all the food has been distributed. Registration begins at 10 a.m. Some form of identification showing you are a resident of the county is required.